Taryn Morrison, ActivOT Golden Grove is a highly experienced and skilled occupational therapist specialising in the field of mental health.
Taryn comes to ActivOT after spending the majority of her career in SA Mental Health Services across southern, central and northern health networks.
Taryn has a broad range of mental health knowledge, skills, and experience working with individuals from a range of different age groups and settings including child and adolescence, youth, adult and older persons; and in acute inpatient, community, day therapy and psychosocial rehabilitation.
Taryn has extensive experience in working with people with highly complex mental health and comorbid psychosocial, medical, environmental, cognitive, and functional needs. Within Taryn’s roles she has worked in partnership with services providers including NDIS, care facilities, my aged care, SACAT, community services, and multidisciplinary teams. Taryn has also held clinical leadership roles and been part of a number SA Health initiatives including an SA Health award for safety and quality within Older Persons Mental Health in 2019.
Taryn is skilled in administering a range of occupational therapy and mental health assessments including:
- Occupational therapy functional assessment
- Model of Human Occupation based functional assessments
- Functional cognition (Allens Cognitive Levels Screen)
- Sensory profile and sensory modulation assessments
- Biopsychosocial assessment
- Cognitive screening (Montreal Cognitive Assessment) and dementia care
- Mental state examination and risk assessment
Taryn is also skilled and experienced in a range of therapeutic intervention including:
- Psychosocial rehabilitation
- Behavioural activation, and activity analysis
- Sensory modulation
- Environmental modification
- Equipment prescription
- Service coordination and community linking
- Emotional CPR and supportive psychotherapy
Taryn loves being an OT and values the connection and relationship she builds with others. Taryn is passionate about person-centered care and working in partnership with individuals, their families and communities to live a life which is meaningful and fulfilling to them.
When Taryn isn’t being at occupational therapist in Golden Grove, she’s a busy mum to three beautiful little kids. She also loves running, playing netball, and drinking coffee.
PO Box 1011 Golden Grove Village SA 5125
M: 0412 108 825 | 1800 228 868
F: 08 8344 1559